NORBARAG was formed in 2008 as an informal group of representatives from official research institutes in Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden involved in pesticide resistance research and pesticide efficacy evaluation and representatives of the agrochemical companies operating in the Nordic-Baltic region.
NORBARAG is registered as a NJF (Nordic Association of Agricultural Scientists) working group under section IV (plant protection).
- to provide a forum for information exchange between people actively involved in research into pesticide resistance and efficacy evaluation of pesticides
- to ensure that cases of resistance in the Nordic-Baltic region is verified and listed
- to discuss strategies to avoid resistance and to manage resistant populations
- to define research needs, discuss test methodologies and agree on standards
- to promote collaboration on resistance screening and other research topics related to pesticide resistance
- to promote awareness on pesticide resistance issues e.g. by producing educational material
- to maintain contacts to similar groups in other countries
NORBARAG is independent but maintains contacts to HRAC, FRAC and IRAC which only have representation from the agrochemical industry.